Sunday, June 10, 2007

Back to sleeping a little more... for now

So at Macworld last January I talked to a bunch of people who all wanted Fusion to have better Mac integration. A lot of these questions at the time were prompted by Parallels announcement of Coherence. My answer to all of you at the time was "We (internally) have a bunch of ideas of how to make the integration better. What exactly is it you would like to see; we're listening." Well, we listened:
http://www.vmware.com/mac I've been pretty quiet on my blog lately. In January I had to go back to school. Then, because of a turn of personal events I ended up taking some time off from school (sort of). That meant I had more time to work with the rest of the team on Fusion. Well it turns out that timing was just right; I ended up doing a bunch of work on what came to be know as Unity, which all of you can now play around with in the latest beta. You can also get a sneak peak of Unity in a youtube video that Regis and I put together: http://youtube.com/watch?v=JIApJMzGzDQ&mode. We still have a bunch of ideas about how to keep pushing the integration even further. If you'd like to give us suggestions about how we can do even better find us at WWDC.

No comments: